Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"The Potty Training Blues" - May 25, 2011

So, we have been trying to get Ryan on the potty for months now and it's still not working!  :(  I wake up to poop on the ground pretty much daily!  The problem is, he takes his diaper off when he has to "go", but refuses to do his business on the toilet!  I know this is a lot of times just an age thing, but I am just a little frustrated with cleaning up the messes! 

But even as I write this, I am reminded of my little "messes" everyday!  And yet, God never gets tired of cleaning me up!  Whew...what an amazing God we serve.  Constantly there; constantly ready to clean our messes; just CONSTANT.  There is a song by Francesca Battistelli that has been on my heart for about a month now that is that title: Constant.  And boy, has it hit home for me!  Here are some of the words:

"I'm just a little bit afraid of where I'm goin
And it feels like a hurricane is blowin over
Though I can't find the ground blow
I've lived enough to know
I've lived enough to know

YOU're my CONSTANT
In every moment
CONSTANT
You've never failed me
All my life
You have never left my side
You are my CONSTANT

Before I was a thought on earth
You knew me then and You gave me worth
When all of this is said and done,
You will be the One I stand in AWE."

Thank you, Jesus.  You have given me so many promises along this journey already.  I know you are walking with me during this time!  Even when I find "messes", You will always be MY CONSTANT in every moment!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, I'm so proud of you! I'm so glad you've started this blog! I know it must be hard to clean up so many messes all day. I'm so thankful you don't have morning sickness! That's a blessing from the Lord for you! When I was sick with TJ and had to change Jessie's diaper, I would throw up unless I had something tied around my face. One time I put her in the backyard and hosed her off with the water hose. Is that bad? You are an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete